Friday 21 October 2011

Happiness Is.....

To me happiness is so many different things on so many different levels.
What's made me happy today? Well the list is quite long!!! Hugs from the Bear, smooches from our kitty cat, the sun shining on my washing, the smell of dinner cooking, the sounds of my friends laughing while I'm chatting with them on the phone.....
Lots of small, seemingly insignificant things that I think we all can take for granted.
There's so much in my life to be happy about, so I consider myself extremely fortunate :)
The best thing I have done to make someone else happy?? I paid for my mum to come with me and my daughter on a trip to Disneyland in California. My parents had been doing it tough for some time as their business had been affected by the floods, so this was something that I didn't think twice about, I just offered....
The look on the Bear's face when she found out back on Christmas Day that we were going to Disneyland was so incredible and made me so happy (and her) that we both cried!!
Let's see what else makes me happy?? Getting 50% off a designer handbag that I was admiring...Going back to the same store 2 weeks later and still getting the same discount on another handbag (naughty I know!!)...Getting $50 off my car service for being a new customer...Getting to see my brother awarded as Coach of the Year for basketball after his tireless efforts all season...
Helping out whenever I can at the Bear's school (also helps with the working mother guilt, but that's a whole other blog post!!)....
Watching the dolphins play in the ocean right in front of us....The fact that we live right at the beach and are so lucky that we can go pretty much all year round....Helping out my friends and family with whatever I can....The Bear's laugh from my tickles makes me happy......Reading a good book.....Having a hot bubble bath.....Enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the week....Cooking a meal (or just treats!) for my friends and family....Getting another Owl for my collection.....
There are so many things that make me happy - I would love to hear from you to find out what makes you happy!!! Feel free to comment and share your happy thoughts...
Until next time - Beware of Bears in Cupboards!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment